[ExI] China will soon spend more money on scientific research, than the United States!

Dan TheBookMan danust2012 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 9 23:48:20 UTC 2019

On Sep 9, 2019, at 4:35 PM, John Clark via extropy-chat <extropy-chat at lists.extropy.org> wrote:

>> On Mon, Sep 9, 2019 at 7:20 PM <spike at rainier66.com> wrote:
>>
>> > there are enough voters in California the libertarians could make a really strong showing
>
> I'm a libertarian (small l) but after the Libertarian Party's disgraceful performance in 2016 and the 4 years of anti-libertarian policies that resulted it boggles my mind that anyone would even consider making the same mistake again in 2020.

I’m not a LP supporter, but had you not voted for the LP in 2016 (presuming you did; for you?), would that have changed anything? I mean aside from feeling smug about it, what else would’ve changed California’s 55 electoral votes went to Clinton and she won those by a large margin, so your vote wouldn’t have been decisive. Heck, even if you persuaded Spike and every other Extropian in California through your scolding, it probably would’ve had no impact on which way those electoral votes went and I bet even political analysts would hardly notice the shift in votes due to your efforts.

Regards,

Dan
   Sample my Kindle books at:
http://author.to/DanUst