[ExI] Update on the Hawaiian observatory shutdown

John Clark johnkclark at gmail.com
Tue Sep 10 08:03:44 UTC 2019

On Mon, Sep 9, 2019 at 10:12 PM Rafal Smigrodzki via extropy-chat <

 >> the next time a mob of ignorant lawless thugs who are immune to
> reasoned argument try to put a lid on new scientific discoveries don't you
> think it would be wiser to fight them rather than run away and hide? With
> such an opponent there can only be 2 responses, fear or anger. I've made my
> choice.
>
> > ### I tend to think about them as driven by racism rather than
> ignorance but yes, I share your anger.

What really infuriates me is that because of the native Hawaiians racism
and or ignorance I am more ignorant about the nature of the universe than I
would otherwise be. without their barbaric behavior the magnificent Thirty
Meter Telescope would be finished and be producing new scientific knowledge
right now.

 John K Clark