[ExI] What would be on your top 25 list, for the best recent sf/fantasy television?

John Grigg possiblepaths2050 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 12 16:52:44 UTC 2019

 What would be on your top 25 list, for the best recent sf/fantasy
television?  This is mine...

And in no particular order...

1. The Expanse
2. Star Trek: Discovery
3. Doctor Who
4. The Boys
5. American Gods
6. Nightflyers
7. Stranger Things
8. Black Mirror
9. Doom Patrol
10. Archer
11. Umbrella Academy
12. Legion
13. The Good Place
14. Philip K. Dick's Electric Dreams
15. Love, Death and Robots
16. Humans
17. The Flash
18. The Magicians
19. Westworld
20. Maniac
21. Jessica Jones
22. Luke Cage
23. The Punisher
24. The Orville
25. The Crossing

Oh, and also, Altered Carbon, which I did not personally enjoy.

And keep in mind, this list could have easily been twice as long! Lol

Science fiction/fantasy television has of course shaped my conscious and
unconscious views about the possibilities of the future, and the nature of
transhumanism. I remember running home, right after school, with my
bestfriend alongside me, so that we would not miss the beginning of Star
Trek: TOS! Lol

We live in a golden age of television production, both for the quantity and
quality of what is now coming out. And the number of new sf/fantasy series
about to be launched, is almost mind boggling!  But I will admit that with
the success of the Lord of the Rings films and Game of Thrones, epic
fantasy is the big new focus/risk for major television studios, rather than
perhaps science fiction...

https://editorial.rottentomatoes.com/article/tv-fantasy-series-that-could-be-the-next-game-of-thrones/

And so many series, already out...

https://www.denofgeek.com/uk/tv/new-tv-shows-2018/55637/new-us-tv-shows-2018-sci-fi-fantasy-comic-book

I look forward to seeing what list members have to say...