[ExI] extropy-chat Digest, Vol 192, Issue 11

Stuart LaForge avant at sollegro.com
Sat Sep 21 00:58:21 UTC 2019

Quoting Bill Wallace:

>> From the law you quote it seems to me that 'access to the site' does not
> include sole possession of it or ability to determine the use of it.  Just
> access.  bill w

Yes, but by legally guaranteeing them access, you also automatically
grant them the right to assemble there as per the 1st Amendment. Most
of the time when protesters get arrested it is because they are
trespassing. This does not apply if they are guaranteed access by
federal law.

They are exercising their 1st Amendment rights strengthened by the
American Indian Religious Freedom Act and that effectively gives them
the right to do what they are doing. Legal scholars please correct me
if I am wrong.

Stuart LaForge