[ExI] COVID-19 has now killed more Americans than Chinese

John Clark johnkclark at gmail.com
Wed Apr 1 17:00:10 UTC 2020

On Wed, Apr 1, 2020 at 12:35 PM spike jones via extropy-chat <

*> My theory is that we are seeing that infection rates per capita is
> mostly a function of a country’s wealth.*

Your theory can't explain South Korea or Japan or Hong Kong or Kuwait or
New Zealand or Singapore. And once a country has more than a few hundred
cases it's far too late to expect that closing the borders would have any
significant effect on the rate of growth of the epidemic.

John K Clark