[ExI] it's your choice

Keith Henson hkeithhenson at gmail.com
Sat Apr 4 19:35:49 UTC 2020

SR Ballard <sen.otaku at gmail.com> wrote:

[Keith]
.>Only if you completely ignore the definition of the word.

>> A race is a grouping of humans based on shared physical or social
qualities into categories generally viewed as distinct by society."
(Wikipedia)

> You literally just ruined your own argument.

> A race is ... shared social qualities.

> That means literally nothing genetically.

You clipped "shared physical."

Do you doubt that things like hair color, eye color or skin color are
o genetic origin?  How about the psychological traits Gregory Clark
discusses?

> By this definition of race it?s just a type of grouping with no objective genetic basis.

Don't forget that the concept of "race" developed long before people
had an idea of genes.  My point is that races differ at the genetic
level because they have been subjected to different selection
pressures.  We should not be the least surprised about this.

Keith