[ExI] good news/bad news

William Flynn Wallace foozler83 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 9 12:55:14 UTC 2020

In our paper this morning is a report of a local anesthesiologist building
a ventilator for less than $100 from parts available at Lowe's or Home
Depot.  They can be made in under an hour and more than 100 have been
made.  Parts include garden hose and a lamp timer.  The MS medical center
is applying for emergency use permission.

In a state where 59% are white, 38% black, 72% of the deaths are of black
people.  Of those diagnosed 56% are black and 37% white.

No explanation was offered in the paper.  I don't have the figures at the
moment, but this may be related to the fact that blacks are overwhelmingly
obese, particularly the women, and of course diabetes and high blood
pressure go with obesity.
bill w