[ExI] The USA is number one!

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Sun Apr 12 21:24:11 UTC 2020

Subject: Re: [ExI] The USA is number one!

On Sun, Apr 12, 2020 at 4:57 PM spike jones via extropy-chat <extropy-chat at lists.extropy.org <mailto:extropy-chat at lists.extropy.org> > wrote:

> I don’t think you intended to, but it comes across as if you are celebrating.

My intention was to get people to recognize the quality of leadership the US has at the most dangerous time in any of our lifetimes, but it looks like I failed.

 John K Clark

If you need to keep citing death rates from a flu that originated in China to somehow promote your political views, that is not only a fail, it is an epic fail.

If you have a cause, linking it to Covid-19 is definitely is harming that view.  If you must endorse dubious numbers offered by a government which chose to put the entire planet in peril by covering up the contagion and threatening those who would warn the public, then that is an epic fail.

Covid-19 is a disease, not a political talking point.