[ExI] The USA is number one!

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Mon Apr 13 16:21:36 UTC 2020

Sweden is the world’s mine canary:

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/03/30/sweden-coronavirus-approach-is-very-different-from-the-rest-of-europe.html

They didn’t shut down the borders or their schools or much of anything.

Here are their numbers:

https://experience.arcgis.com/experience/09f821667ce64bf7be6f9f87457ed9aa

Notice there are no political motives at play that I can see, no power grabs, no economic incentives at work, no celebrating death, of if so I can’t see why any of that would apply.

I don’t know what the heck is a sjukdomfall is, but by context I am guessing “per dag” means “by day” so a sjukdomsfall is perhaps a new case of C-19.  Leave it to those ballsy Vikings to go ahead and run this experiment.  Somebody had to do it, ja?

I can’t find similar data for Finland and Norway, but that’s what we really need here: a direct comparison between those three guys.  If Sweden is telling the truth, this is good news indeed.  Perhaps we really don’t need to shut down our economy.