[ExI] ccp struggles

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Wed Apr 15 13:10:09 UTC 2020

From: extropy-chat <extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org> On Behalf Of Stathis Papaioannou via extropy-chat

>…But why aren’t countries with a long history of much lower gun ownership rates than the US, say the Netherlands or Australia, closer to tyranny than the US? On the contrary, the US is more authoritarian than these countries, with more restrictions of personal freedoms and harsher treatment of lawbreakers…

You gave the reason why the US has, and carefully protects, our rights to own guns: we have more restrictions of personal freedoms.  If the government gets guns away from the citizens, we don’t drift towards being more like the Netherlands, we drift toward being more like Nazi Germany or China.

I don’t trust the US government.  I haven’t seen a trustworthy in there in several decades, not a single one.

Of course every US citizen has the option to not be armed.  Do feel free to not be armed, by all means.