[ExI] A puzzle

Rafal Smigrodzki rafal.smigrodzki at gmail.com
Thu Apr 16 04:26:24 UTC 2020

On Tue, Apr 7, 2020 at 8:16 AM John Clark via extropy-chat <

> Hospitals in the US and around the world are not as overwhelmed as they
> might have been because emergency rooms report a 50% reduction in
> non-COVID19 cases such as heart attacks, strokes, and even appendicitis.
> It's reasonable to assume part of the reason for this is sick people are
> reluctant to go to a hospital and possibly get infected, but that may not
> be the entire answer. People are probably exercising less now, could they
> have been doing too much before?
>
> Where Have All the Heart Attacks Gone?
> <https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/06/well/live/coronavirus-doctors-hospitals-emergency-care-heart-attack-stroke.html?algo=identity&fellback=false&imp_id=517932151&imp_id=478355170&action=click&module=Science%20%20Technology&pgtype=Homepage>

### Heart attacks didn't "go" anywhere. People are still having heart
attacks (MI) but because of the 24/7 breathless Chinese virus hype they are
more scared of going to hospitals than usual, so many just wait at home
until the pain is over. This isn't good, since failing to get promptly
treated for MI does increase your mortality and morbidity.

OTOH, crazies are also more scared of hospitals so they aren't clogging up
EDs with their made up diseases. Amazingly, I haven't seen a conversion
disorder patient in .... 3 weeks? Wow, in normal times I see conversion
disorder (fake seizures, paralysis) many times a week.

Rafal