[ExI] More Americans died of COVID-19 than died in battle in Korea

Keith Henson hkeithhenson at gmail.com
Fri Apr 17 16:45:02 UTC 2020

John Clark <johnkclark at gmail.com> wrote:

>. Yesterday COVID-19 killed 2,174 Americans. Do you *really* think ending the
quarantine right now is a good idea?

If we don't get a vaccine and/or treatments, the only effect of the
quarantine will be to slow down the spread.  This keeps the medical
sector from being overwhelmed which is a good thing.  It decreases the
death toll, but not a lot since the ones who wind up on ventilators
usually die.

Some countries, (Iran) and some states are not making any attempt to
slow down the spread.  We will be able to see the relative results.

Keith