[ExI] More die of heart attacks during sex than died of shock when Forrest Gump won best picture

Bill Hibbard hibbard at wisc.edu
Sun Apr 19 20:01:17 UTC 2020

Spike wrote:
> If you are a Tom Hanks fan, do catch Mr. Rogers.

I am a Tom Hanks fan so thanks for the tip Spike. I did
like "Won't You Be My Neighbor?"

> Why did Forest Gump shock people winning best picture?

Wife and I were in Wales during the 1994 Academy Awards and
since I was a big Letterman fan (I think 1994 was the year
he read my viewer mail) we set the alarm for 1 AM or so to
watch his monologue, and the awards. When they cut to
commercials the UK broadcast filled with a panel of film
buffs bitching about what a crap movie Forrest Gump was.
That's really the reference for my "shock' comment.