[ExI] texas county judge demands residents wear bananas

Stathis Papaioannou stathisp at gmail.com
Fri Apr 24 05:46:48 UTC 2020

On Fri, 24 Apr 2020 at 13:41, spike jones via extropy-chat <

> *From:* extropy-chat <extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org> *On Behalf
> Of *Stathis Papaioannou via extropy-chat
>

> >…So you are saying that if my scenario occurs, that will be the end of
> the United States?
>
> --
>
> Stathis Papaioannou
>

> No I don’t think so.  Our federal government would be bankrupt and would
> default on their obligations, but if they held to their constitutional
> limits it would still be there.  Many state governments would also be
> bankrupt but would still exist, and would still be united, for some of the
> people survive in your proposed scenario.
>

> The United States would still be united with half our current population.
>

> Presumably the rest of the world would lose half their populations as
> well, for viruses do not respect boundaries or borders, as we have seen.

But in the rest of the world, even in anarchist societies, they would make
everyone wear masks. You are saying there is no legal way to do this in the
US, even if almost everyone agrees that it would be a good idea. This would
seem to be a problem with the system, if true.

> --
Stathis Papaioannou