[ExI] psychology and evolution

William Flynn Wallace foozler83 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 24 17:04:33 UTC 2020

Having a god dictate to you is far more impressive than having a chief or
shaman tell you what to do.  So to answer the question posed to the leader
"What makes you so special?" is answered by a god or gods telling the
leader what to do.  Being directly in touch with a god is an awesome thing,
and if you can get people to believe that, you can ask of them anything,
including human sacrifice.

You start off treating your parents as authorities, then by generalization
your other relatives, then tribal leaders and ultimately the tribe's gods.
Just generalization is all that is needed to explain this sequence.

I probably could get some data to support this (but haven't):  I suspect
that more people are authoritarian than libertarian and contrarian.  'All
we like sheep....'

bill w

On Thu, Apr 23, 2020 at 5:43 PM Keith Henson via extropy-chat <