[ExI] texas county judge demands residents wear bananas

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Sat Apr 25 16:54:43 UTC 2020

> On Behalf Of Adrian Tymes via extropy-chat

Subject: Re: [ExI] texas county judge demands residents wear bananas

On Sat, Apr 25, 2020 at 8:59 AM Adrian Tymes <atymes at gmail.com <mailto:atymes at gmail.com> > wrote:

You are safe until suddenly you are not.  That is how this goes.  If you avoid carrying in the bad areas, though, you may avoid those who press the issue.  That doesn't mean they aren't there, just that you never have to deal with them.

Tarrying, not carrying.  (Mobile autocorrect.)

{8^D

I wondered what you meant there Adrian.

Note to our non-US friends: in the states, the term “carrying” means to have a concealed firearm on one’s person.  Auto-correct assigned a completely different meaning to Adrian’s correctly-typed original comment.

I took it as “don’t go into bad areas where it isn’t safe to avoid carrying.”

{8^D

That’s how I do it anyway: if it isn’t safe to be there while not carrying, don’t be there.