[ExI] No gods, no meaning?

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Sun Apr 26 00:22:52 UTC 2020

From: extropy-chat <extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org> On Behalf Of Stathis Papaioannou via extropy-chat
Sent: Saturday, April 25, 2020 3:57 PM
To: ExI chat list <extropy-chat at lists.extropy.org>
Cc: Stathis Papaioannou <stathisp at gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [ExI] No gods, no meaning?

On Sun, 26 Apr 2020 at 02:32, spike jones via extropy-chat <extropy-chat at lists.extropy.org <mailto:extropy-chat at lists.extropy.org> > wrote:

…> On Behalf Of William Flynn Wallace via extropy-chat

>…So I ask:  is religion playing a good role in their lives, or a bad one?

… - necessary?

 bill w

Whelp.  Billw, I would hafta conclude that opiates really are necessary for some people.  But hey I don’t know everything there is to know.  Do you?  Does anyone here know everything there is to know?  Neither do I.  But I am learning.  I will let ya know when I know everything.

--

Stathis Papaioannou

It would be such a kick to do that.  I will do it should I ever become a buttloadaire.

Suppose you did.  Then you dump all this money into some gullible rube’s account, and now she does her taxes, the IRS sees all this interest (because she is afraid to actually spend any of it.)  Or she declares the pile as gift.  They aren’t going to believe it either, so they start threatening her with jail if she doesn’t confess everything, leads back to the actual literal generous Nigerian prince.

So now all these IRS agents start scrambling thru their own spam email folders looking to cash in themselves or to see how much money they refused, and they urge their children and parents to do likewise.  Pretty soon the story leaks, and now… any time anyone gets one of those spams, they can never be sure if it is some American scammer or an actual Nigerian prince.  Or a Nigerian scammer or an American prince, but in any case… it would sow utter chaos and delightful uncertainty.

Then of course I would benefit, even if indirectly.  They trace the dough back to me, I wasted 2.47 million bucks on a gag, everybody thinks I am crazy as a loon, therefore they assume I am a mathematical genius.

Money well spent.