[ExI] Corruption is the least of our problems (was: extropy-chat Digest, Vol 203, Issue 4)

John Clark johnkclark at gmail.com
Sun Aug 2 13:48:55 UTC 2020

On Sun, Aug 2, 2020 at 5:39 AM Ben Zaiboc via extropy-chat <

> > Just an observation here: If you believe that the whole system is
> corrupt, and voting (any way) is supporting the system, hence voting for
> corruption, then not voting can be a 'vote' for your beliefs.

I don't give a damn if the system is corrupt or not because it doesn't
matter if you love it or hate it the system will continue to exists
regardless, and you can't ignore it and expect it to leave you alone. That
just won't work. And if your belief is that who becomes the president of the
United States is not important then your belief is ridiculous. And if you
believe the president of the United States does not control thousands
of H-bombs
then your belief is ridiculous. And if you believe Donald J Trump is
fundamentally no different from Obama or Bush or Clinton or any of the
previous 44 people who have become POTUS then your belief is ridiculous.
Trump is certainly corrupt but that's the least of his vices, what makes
him dangerous is his ignorance, stupidity, vindictiveness and instability.

 John K Clark