[ExI] Meaning in life (Was: Who has a vote that counts?)

John Clark johnkclark at gmail.com
Sun Aug 2 14:07:23 UTC 2020

On Sun, Aug 2, 2020 at 5:28 AM Giulio Prisco via extropy-chat <

*> Well, I’m sure many atheists are very good and moral people who find
> meaning in life, but I also think they are sad. Thinking that I’ll never
> see my loved departed ones would make me extremely sad, *

Why do so many people just assume that the existence of an omnipotent
omniscient being who created the universe must imply that humans have a
eternal life after death, but the non-existence of such a being means they
have no chance of such a thing? Seems to me the existence of God and human
immortality are two independent ideas that need not be connected, and I see
no particular reason why they would be.

John K Clark