[ExI] Meaning in life

John Clark johnkclark at gmail.com
Sun Aug 2 14:27:28 UTC 2020

On Sun, Aug 2, 2020 at 10:09 AM Giulio Prisco via extropy-chat <

*> I think it’s science and technology that will resurrect the dead. But it
> will be ultra sci/tech so advanced to be operationally indistinguishable
> from religion (from our current perspective).*

To resurrect the dead you need an improvement in technology but unlike time
machines or faster than light travel no breakthroughs in science would
be needed
to achieve it, you just need the technology to be able to place individual
atoms and molecules where you want, in other words you need Nanotechnology.
A good stage magician can do things that look really spectacular and
magical until you learn the secret, and Nanotechnology can do spectacular
things too, but we already know the secret.

John K Clark