[ExI] next county

John Clark johnkclark at gmail.com
Tue Aug 4 16:07:58 UTC 2020

On Tue, Aug 4, 2020 at 11:31 AM spike jones via extropy-chat <

*> **distance learning is working for a few, generally not working well for
> the middle and is a total failure for the lower end students, many of whom
> disengaged entirely.*

Unfortunately I think that's probably true, but bad as it is distance
learning is not as big a failure as death is.

> If you have any ideas or suggestions for the local public school advisory
> board, I am all ears.

If this was January or even February I'd have some suggestions on how
schools might stay open and people not die, but this is August and in the
US the virus is so out of control none of those ideas would work anymore.
Most European and Asian countries can safely reopen their schools in the
fall, but I'm sorry to say the US can not.

John K Clark