[ExI] Music

Ben Zaiboc ben at zaiboc.net
Thu Aug 6 19:12:44 UTC 2020

On 06/08/2020 07:33, Keith Henson wrote:
> himps drum on trees.  If humans got rhythm from the
> common ancestor, it dates back around 7 million years ago at least.
> Bonobos drum as well.
> https://www.natureworldnews.com/articles/18410/20151125/bonobos-ability-synchronize-human-drummer-sheds-light-speech-music-evolution.htm
>
> Keith

Aha. So some chimps, at least, appear to have a similar sense of rhythm
to us. It would be interesting to try and trace that to wherever it
comes from. An earlier, pre-speech, brain mutation, presumably.

If and when we master uploading, and can tinker with detailed models of
brains from the inside, perhaps we'll be able to find out exactly what
it's all about.

--
Ben Zaiboc