[ExI] don't bother

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Fri Aug 7 17:59:21 UTC 2020

> On Behalf Of Mike Dougherty via extropy-chat
Subject: Re: [ExI] don't bother

Spike,

You know spanish also has this familiar vs formal: tu vs usted

It was explained to me that peasants use the formal "your grace" when speaking to the lord whose land they are on, and a simple "you" among peers. Then that evolved to formal respect to elders or whatever.

That other cultures dumb down for English speakers is ... telling…

Hi Mike, ja, we need all that cultural stuff outta there at every level.  We have torn down the notion of social rank, the differing levels of respect in American society, removed notional differences between classes, genders and races.  Now all Americans are the same.

Being cultural missionaries in a sense, now we must make every other culture like ours if they want to do business with our asses.