[ExI] Space Project (power satellites)

Stuart LaForge avant at sollegro.com
Fri Aug 7 18:47:46 UTC 2020

Quoting Keith Henson:

> Perhaps someone has a proposal to get around this problem.  I have
> thought about it for the last 3-4 years and failed to come up with a
> solution except to construct power satellites entirely with
> robots/teleoperation.

Have you run the numbers for constructing power satellites at
earth-moon L1, and then moving them into place? That would be above
the Van Allen radiation belt. Another possibility might be to
construct them in polar orbit. Then the astronauts would only be in
the belt 1/3 of the time. Since they would know when they would be
entering the belt, they would be able to seek shelter inside small
shielded compartments or something. I haven't done any calculations on
these ideas, so I am just throwing them out there as suggestions.

Stuart LaForge