[ExI] Cory Massimino on advocating police abolition

John Clark johnkclark at gmail.com
Tue Aug 11 13:01:54 UTC 2020

On Tue, Aug 11, 2020 at 6:16 AM Rafal Smigrodzki via extropy-chat <

*> Unless you expect cops to work for free, defunding the police actually
> *is* abolishing the police, for most values of "is".*

I don't expect cops to work for free, but I do expect them to somehow
squeak by without buying more $800,000 18 ton armored assault vehicles,
submachine guns, and grenade launchers. If you're talking about national
security then that money could be much better spent on radiation detectors
for cargo containers and early detection of potentially dangerous viruses
in wild animal populations among other things.

John K Clark