[ExI] Cory Massimino on advocating police abolition

Anton Sherwood bronto at pobox.com
Tue Aug 11 19:45:52 UTC 2020

On 2020-8-11 12:16, William Flynn Wallace via extropy-chat wrote:
> Wars starting with Vietnam gave us data about men with weapons who did
> not fire them in combat.  Has the Army studied those people, or just
> kicked them out?  You know my guess.

I have heard somewhere or other (my number one source for hard data!)
that the proportion of soldiers willing to shoot to kill has risen from
about one in four in WWI to a majority in more recent wars.  Training,
or the end of conscription (now selecting for the violent), who knows?
Likely some of each.

--
*\\*  Anton Sherwood  *\\*  www.bendwavy.org