[ExI] The Moon's Cold Embrace

Anton Sherwood bronto at pobox.com
Tue Aug 11 23:29:07 UTC 2020

On 2020-8-11 15:52, spike jones via extropy-chat wrote:
> Radiating into cold space feels more like the right answer on the moon.
> We would need to shadow the radiator with something, [....]

I hope you mean put it on the shady side of a mountain.  If you mean by
putting up an awning, that would heat up and reradiate, heating up the
radiator some ... I don't know how to do the math.  I suspect the best
thing is to make the radiator swivel to present its edge to the sun (as
some animals do, or so I gather).

--
*\\*  Anton Sherwood  *\\*  www.bendwavy.org