[ExI] The Moon's Cold Embrace

Rafal Smigrodzki rafal.smigrodzki at gmail.com
Wed Aug 12 05:38:52 UTC 2020

On Tue, Aug 11, 2020 at 6:54 PM spike jones via extropy-chat <

> Radiating into cold space feels more like the right answer on the moon.
> We would need to shadow the radiator with something, but it gets really
> really cold in the shadows there, and all that unobstructed view of cold
> space everywhere, that seems like the right answer for waste heat.

### If heat rejection turns out to be a limiting factor, then real estate
near lunar poles would be very valuable, and that not even mentioning the
water deposits found preferentially there.

Whoever lands first and grabs as much land as they can hold on to, will be
rich.

I wonder how the property rights will develop there. Land acquisition by
homesteading under telluric law? New lunar law? Do you need to bring a
shotgun, just in case?

Rafal