[ExI] new new zealand cases

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Wed Aug 12 13:43:27 UTC 2020

I am surprised at how hard it is to find the answer to an obvious question regarding the new New Zealand covid cases.  They went over 3 months with no new cases, yesterday they found 4 members of one family testing positive.  All the news I can find is about the new New Zealand lockdown, rather than the obvious question for an island with closed borders: how did the virus get there?

Did it come in on the mail?  Are there still some travelers who are asymptomatic?  If it came in with no obvious mechanism, what could be the remaining unknown vector?  If there is an unknown vector (such as somehow being carried by birds or bats (?) then how can we be sure that lockdowns work?