[ExI] URLs (was: Re: statins bad? again? sorry - I did not know where to cut it off. bill w)

Ben Zaiboc ben at zaiboc.net
Wed Aug 12 17:02:26 UTC 2020

On 11/08/2020 20:55, Dylan Distasio wrote:
> If you want to shorten urls across the board without editing, you can
> use a service like tinyurl.com <http://tinyurl.com> which lets you
> paste in the full link and it will shorten it for you to a very
> succinct one.

So it will, but some of use are less concerned with the length of urls
than with the click-tracking. Using tinyurl will only make that problem
worse, not better. Much worse, in fact, as you can't see the tracking
code to strip it off. Personally, I won't click on anonymised links like
the tinyurl ones. They can hide a multitude of sins.

--
Ben Zaiboc