[ExI] England reduces total Covid-19 deaths by 12%

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Thu Aug 13 14:57:12 UTC 2020

-----Original Message-----
From: extropy-chat <extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org> On Behalf Of
BillK via extropy-chat
Sent: Thursday, August 13, 2020 6:54 AM
To: Extropy Chat <extropy-chat at lists.extropy.org>
Cc: BillK <pharos at gmail.com>
Subject: [ExI] England reduces total Covid-19 deaths by 12%

< <https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-53722711>
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-53722711>

Quote:

Previously, people in England who died at any point following a positive
test, regardless of cause, were counted in the figures.

But there will now be a cut-off of 28 days, providing a more accurate
picture of the epidemic.

The new methodology for counting deaths means the total number of people in
the UK who have died from Covid-19 comes down from 46,706 to

41,329 - a reduction of 12%.

-------------

>.They now say the new count will give "crucial information about both
recent trends and the overall mortality burden due to Covid-19".

Translation - Look at the state the economy is in! We'd better get everyone
back to work, so tell them that it's not as bad as we thought!

BillK

BillK, the change in methodology took UK from number 3 to number 6.  Belgium
is still saying these numbers are counted differently because they included
a bunch of fatalities with flu-like symptoms that might not have been covid.
There are two small countries which are questionable because of small
numbers and uncertainty in counting:

#

Country,
Other

Total
Cases

New
Cases

Total
Deaths

New
Deaths

Total
Recovered

Active
Cases

Serious,
Critical

Tot Cases/
1M pop

Deaths/
1M pop

Total
Tests

Tests/
1M pop

Population

1

 <https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/san-marino/> San Marino

699

	42

	657

0

	20,596

1,238

6,068

178,791

 <https://www.worldometers.info/world-population/san-marino-population/>
33,939

2

 <https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/belgium/> Belgium

75,647

+639

9,900

+15

17,883

47,864

76

6,524

854

1,912,240

164,911

 <https://www.worldometers.info/world-population/belgium-population/>
11,595,564

3

 <https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/andorra/> Andorra

977

	53

	855

69

1

12,642

686

3,750

48,525

 <https://www.worldometers.info/world-population/andorra-population/> 77,280

4

 <https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/peru/> Peru

498,555

	21,713

	341,938

134,904

1,501

15,097

657

2,643,464

80,047

 <https://www.worldometers.info/world-population/peru-population/>
33,023,850

5

 <https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/spain/> Spain

376,864

	28,579

	N/A

N/A

617

8,060

611

7,472,031

159,806

 <https://www.worldometers.info/world-population/spain-population/>
46,756,944

6

 <https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/uk/> UK

313,798

	41,329

	N/A

N/A

70

4,620

608

18,868,566

277,774

 <https://www.worldometers.info/world-population/uk-population/> 67,927,863

7

 <https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/italy/> Italy

251,713

	35,225

	202,697

13,791

53

4,164

583

7,369,576

121,910

 <https://www.worldometers.info/world-population/italy-population/>
60,451,116

8

 <https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/sweden/> Sweden

83,852

	5,770

	N/A

N/A

30

8,297

571

917,036

90,736

 <https://www.worldometers.info/world-population/sweden-population/>
10,106,627

9

 <https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/chile/> Chile

378,168

	10,205

	351,419

16,544

1,268

19,763

533

1,908,964

99,762

 <https://www.worldometers.info/world-population/chile-population/>
19,135,201

10

 <https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/> USA

5,363,354

+3,052

169,181

+50

2,813,837

2,380,336

17,314

16,192

511

67,613,960

204,130

 <https://www.worldometers.info/world-population/us-population/> 331,229,890

11

 <https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/brazil/> Brazil

3,170,474

	104,263

	2,309,477

756,734

8,318

14,903

490

13,231,548

62,197

 <https://www.worldometers.info/world-population/brazil-population/>
212,735,424

12

 <https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/france/> France

206,696

	30,371

	83,472

92,853

379

3,166

465

5,500,000

84,239

 <https://www.worldometers.info/world-population/france-population/>
65,290,667

13

 <https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/mexico/> Mexico

498,380

+5,858

54,666

+737

336,635

107,079

3,775

3,861

423

1,127,115

8,731

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

Using trend analysis, we can predict that Brazil will bump USA down to
number 11 about a week from now, however both will bump Sweden down about a
coupla weeks after that.

New York and New Jersey will stay waaaaay the hell on top of the chart if we
break it down by jurisdiction.  If done that way, eight US states will hold
positions 1 thru 8 with few challengers, unless other countries break down
their statistics by jurisdiction as well.  In order of ignominy:  Louisiana,
Arizona, New York, New Jersey, Florida, Mississippi, Rhode Island,
Massachusetts all have higher fatalities per capita than San Marino.  San
Marino?  How the heck do they figure that isn't part of Italy?  And why
isn't Andorra considered part of France or Spain?  These little guys are
messing up our data.