[ExI] COVID-19 has now reached 3 Vietnam's worth of death

Samantha Atkins sjatkins at gmail.com
Wed Aug 19 18:30:31 UTC 2020

Rather usual for a bad virus.  1958-1959 pandemic killed as many adjust for population and as quickly.   Remember this is < 0.05% of population.   Also note CFR is dropping toward 3% as we now test a lot more asymptomatic people.    IFR depends on the estimate of infections vs known cases ratio.  Whatever that is divide the CFR by it.  Last CDC estimate I saw a was down to 0.26% IFR.    Yes the virus is scary but not exactly something I would consider worth as much hysteria and draconian measures (lockdowns) as were deployed.