[ExI] Human Warfare is learned behaviour - not evolutionary

William Flynn Wallace foozler83 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 20 17:04:55 UTC 2020

Selfishness and working together are not mutually exclusive at all.  First,
see to yourself, then join the group for hunting and gathering.  Is there
anyone out there who does not have a bit of larceny in their makeup?  If
so, hahahahaha!  Delusions.  What was stealing if not selfishness- getting
a bit more out of the harvest then deserved?  All these theories about what
happened 50K years ago.  Well, somebody has to get tenure, I understand
that, but why can't we just look at ourselves as we are and figure out
where to go from here?  If something is mostly genetic we'll have to work
harder to change it, that's all.  Very little outside of basic body
functions is so hardwired that we have little control over it.  Just have
to learn how, that's all.  Psychology is extremely young in terms of how
far we have to go.

bill w

On Thu, Aug 20, 2020 at 11:53 AM Bill Hibbard via extropy-chat <