[ExI] ep again

William Flynn Wallace foozler83 at gmail.com
Sat Aug 22 00:02:32 UTC 2020

My best guess:  very few of them were clinical - by which I mean that the
thoughts and/or behaviors were not at such a level as to seriously
interfere with their lives.  If they were not, then we are talking about
perfectly normal behaviors which help a person study or make them not leave
some question in their mind before they find the answer to it.

No - OCD is no study aid.  It's a serious disease in the literal meaning of
that word.  They drive everyone around them crazy and themselves as well,
and dearly wish they could stop.  Maybe it's a case like mine (which is of
a different kind).

I have tinnitus really bad and have had for a very long time. (happens to a
lot of people who have some degree of deafness)  But it does not bother
me.  Most of the time I have to tune it in to hear it. Otherwise it's like
street noise which you can hear if you want and ignore if you want.  But
many people are devastated by it and some people commit suicide.  Mine is
not clinical. Theirs is.

So - two people with the same symptoms and one handles it and the other
doesn't.  Common.

bill w

On Fri, Aug 21, 2020 at 6:04 PM spike jones via extropy-chat <