[ExI] GM Mosquitos in FL (on purpose)

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Sun Aug 23 18:45:42 UTC 2020

From: extropy-chat <extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org> On Behalf Of John Clark via extropy-chat

>…The idea is a genetically modified female mosquito would bite normally, mate with unmodified males normally and lay eggs normally, but only males would hatch from those eggs…John K Clark

Sounds like a great idea to me.

Full disclosure: I am from Florida.  I remember.  I remember camping in the forest, which always had to be near a water source to be a viable camping spot, and since Florida is flat, all water sources are still and quiet.  Fill in the blanks.

I see far more potential good here than potential harm.