[ExI] neuroscience questions

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Wed Aug 26 19:32:54 UTC 2020

From: spike at rainier66.com <spike at rainier66.com>
Subject: RE: [ExI] neuroscience questions

>… On Behalf Of William Flynn Wallace via extropy-chat

>>…Could it be that rarely practiced skills representing certain brain areas get taken over by new concerns?  I have no clue.

bill w

>…I have been told that if a brain function isn’t used, that piece of brain gets recycled (in a sense) and used for something else.  Other stuff overwrites the cool stuff you once knew.

spike

Example: a friend of mine crashed a paraglider, was all broken up, spent months in the hospital, we though he wouldn’t make it.  He pulled thru but now his legs are stiff and he does well to walk.  He had been very athletic before.  He was the one who commented about his brain circuits being reprogrammed for other things.

I learned to seize every opportunity to not fly paragliders.