[ExI] neuroscience questions

Henry Rivera hrivera at alumni.virginia.edu
Wed Aug 26 19:40:44 UTC 2020

Research shows that being an elite performer and or athlete requires much more practice than not the non-elite  assume. Much, much more practice. Muscle memory becomes reinforced, focus and concentration need tuning, automaticity starts to happen. The non-elite tend to assume that elites have some innate talent that requires no practice or development. But in-fact work put in seems to be a better predictor of their success. Similarly, the most successful artists historically have a correlation with the amount of works they created.