[ExI] language lust

Mike Dougherty msd001 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 26 23:36:24 UTC 2020

On Wed, Aug 26, 2020, 6:03 PM Anton Sherwood via extropy-chat <

> Someone mentioned language learning, triggering this thought that was
> recently on my mind:
>
> Suppose technology exists to make you quickly fluent in a language of
> your choice.  (For even more counterfactual fun, the menu may include
> long-dead languages, provided that they were spoken by more than a
> Dunbar number.)

> What are your first dozen choices?  You may specify indirectly, like
> "the language understood by the greatest number of people in the New
> World in 1491".

Math.
Physics.
Chemistry.
Biology.
Sign.
IPv4,
Enochin,
Hebrew,
Sanskrit,
Latin,
Greek,
Japanese

I'm assuming by "fluent" you grant that my universe contains the entire
context of these protocols for information exchange,  and that I am fully
aware if how/ why that protocol exists and its use in the universe.

I didn't think if be able to list a whole dozen, but i think the universe
containing those 12 contexts is sufficiently complex to be thoroughly
interesting.

Thoughts?