[ExI] corruption

William Flynn Wallace foozler83 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 31 22:57:19 UTC 2020

Even if they're pure as the driven snow, the time will come that the
temptation becomes too great.  Dave
*And I agree.  Since evolution is far too slow and altering our own genes
is likewise, I think that what has to happen to get a functional, honest
government is to develop AI to the point where it can run things (they do
just fine in my sci fi novels!).  Quis ipsos custodes custodiet, you say?
Who will guard the guardians (which in this case will be the programmers)?
That's one I cannot answer.   *

*Which taxes to lower/raise?  Which street to pave next?  Who gets on the
committee to change the flag?  All done by a neutral AI.  Comments?*
bill w

On Mon, Aug 31, 2020 at 5:34 PM Dave Sill via extropy-chat <