[ExI] san matay - no

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Sun Dec 6 01:50:03 UTC 2020

San Mateo county has said no to the governor’s shutdown orders.  It is bordered on the north by San Francisco county and to the east by Santa Clara county, both of which are going along with the shutdown.  San Mateo won’t go along.

So now we get a good data set.  Florida did OK after their shutdown ended but that’s a mild climate.  Here we have two counties on either side which complied with the shutdown orders.  All three counties have similar population densities on that side.  San Mateo county has the international airport, San Francisco has a huge homeless population and lotsa hipsters, Santa Clara county has lotsa computer geeks and things, but all three have the same climate and other conditions.

We now get to see how effective shutdowns are.