[ExI] Fwd: year round school

Ben Zaiboc ben at zaiboc.net
Mon Dec 14 09:31:52 UTC 2020

I just read this, and I'm appalled!

You make your kids go to school at 7:30 - 8:30??

That strikes me as abuse. Sleep deprivation is a form of torture, is it
not? I always used to have real difficulty getting to school for 9:00
when I was a kid. Schools shouldn't even be open for business before 10,
imo.

I would have dreams where I was going to school, presumably my brain's
way of fulfilling the requirement to get up abominably early, while
avoiding the need to actually do it, allowing me to stay asleep. I
shudder to think what american kids dreams are like.

--
Ben Zaiboc