[ExI] vaccine was: RE: damn doctors!

BillK pharos at gmail.com
Tue Dec 15 17:21:26 UTC 2020

On Tue, 15 Dec 2020 at 04:50, spike jones via extropy-chat

> Speaking of damn doctors… how many here are planning to get the vaccine in the next month?  Two months?  Four?
>
> I will hold back and let the high risk people get theirs first.  I think I already had covid, so I don’t want to take anyone else’s away.
>
> spike

The UK is warning that some people might have a severe allergic
reaction to the COVID vaccine.
<https://www.independent.co.uk/news/health/pfizer-vaccine-allergies-covid-allergic-reaction-b1773988.html>
Quote:
In the UK, drugs regulator the Medicines and Healthcare products
Regulatory Agency (MHRA) last week said that people with a history of
“significant” allergic reactions should avoid the jab.

It issued the warning after two NHS staff members who were given doses
suffered an allergic reaction.
Both workers, who have a “strong past history of allergic reactions”
and carry an adrenaline auto-injector with them, recovered after
receiving the appropriate treatment.

Following the incident, MHRA chief Dr June Raine said in a statement:
“Any person with a history of anaphylaxis to a vaccine, medicine or
food should not receive the Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine. A second dose
should not be given to anyone who has experienced anaphylaxis
following administration of the first dose of this vaccine.

Many people nowadays seem to have allergies and carry an EpiPen at all times.
This reaction could affect a significant number of people.

BillK