[ExI] words et al

William Flynn Wallace foozler83 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 15 19:49:58 UTC 2020

I don't know of a word lover who doesn't love quotes.  Many thousands of
them express ideas in a new or more expressive way.  I feel the same way
about similes, metaphors, oxymoronic statements, and such.

So - Dr. Mardy Grothe is the author of several books on these topics and I
have read all of them and can recommend them.  Here are a few of his titles:

I Never Metaphor I didn't Like
Oxymoronica
Metaphors Be With You
Neverisms (quotes beginning with the word 'Never')

These books are not primarily just lists.  He does a lot of writing in
between metaphors or quotes and is an excellent and entertaining writer
(and a fellow psychologist, even though he is clinical and not my area).

Even if you have read him, please check out his latest books and web site.
You can even offer him your personal favorites or quotes and metaphors you
invented.  He will respond, at least at first - busy man.  He researches
all quotes for authentication and notes which are falsely attributed.

bill w