[ExI] vaccine was: RE: damn doctors!

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Wed Dec 16 20:28:26 UTC 2020

From: extropy-chat <extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org> On Behalf Of William Flynn Wallace via extropy-chat
Sent: Wednesday, December 16, 2020 11:29 AM
To: ExI chat list <extropy-chat at lists.extropy.org>
Cc: William Flynn Wallace <foozler83 at gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [ExI] vaccine was: RE: damn doctors!

I think that you didn't really think when you wrote this:

Think of it this way: if it’s legal, it isn’t really drug abuse.

>…Oh but what about alcoholism?   A minor point, to be overlooked, really.  Life is good.  bill w

That one gets by on a technicality: alcohol is a non-prescription drug.  Besides, we have been sold this big flim flam that alcoholism is a disease, rather than a character flaw.  So we hafta overlook it or seek treatment and so forth.

For that matter, grass is also a non-prescription drug, but think about it billw: the ingredient which makes ya stoned is THC: tetrahydrocannabinol.  OK so we give it that long Latin name, so it sounds all chemicaley and prescriptioney and all that.  But sheesh, it is in a weed fer cryin out loud.  Giving it that long name doesn’t change the matter really, because we can figure out the meaning by working backwards.  Tetra means “four.”  Hydro means “water.”  Cannabinol translates from the ancient Latin as “stuff that is in weed.”

Very simple really: tetrahydrocannabinol a big fancy word for a reefer and four glasses of water.  We try to make it so complicated.  Simplify your life, put away the weed and the alcohol, enjoy life fully sober.  Lots here to enjoy.