[ExI] vaccine was: RE: damn doctors!

Brian Manning Delaney bmd54321 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 17 00:39:44 UTC 2020

I've taken, and am making, the RaDVaC vaccine –

https://radvac.org/

Features:

- Intranasal subunit vaccine.
- Multi-epitope approach with a balance of B cell and T cell (both CD4+
and CD8+) epitopes.
- Low-dose, multiple-booster approach (less risk of immune tolerance).
- Peptide epitopes selection criteria geared towards minimizing risk of
antibody-dependent enhancement of disease (ADE).
- Epitopes chosen from conserved parts of the virus (hence low mutant
escape potential).
- Safe adjuvant (not alum or other conventional adjuvants, but rather
chitosan, which (1) is well studied, (2) tends not to create a Th1-heavy
response, and (3) doubles as a nanoparticle delivery vehicle).
- No preservatives.
- All chosen peptide sequences have been BLASTed against the human
proteome (to ensure minimal risk of induced autoimmunity).
- Easy to prepare, so many groups around the world are now making this.
(I'm making it at home, and even on the road – the equipment and all
reagents/"ingredients"/ fit easily in a carry-on bag.)
- We are giving this away: no charge.

Clinical trials would have meant locking in a design based on the status
of research at a given, early, point in time, hence being forced to
ignore rapidly evolving knowledge.

It will be 4–7 months before most people have access to a "normal"
vaccine, so we're trying to let people know about this now, when it's
most needed.

Q: Why should I take an experimental vaccine, when I can wait a few
months and take a vaccine that's approved by my government's regulatory
agency (FDA, EMA, etc.)?

A: Any vaccine you take before 2022, and perhaps long after, should be
regarded as, in one way or another, experimental. The question is: which
experiment do you want to be part of?

Brian