[ExI] hypocrisy?

Ben Zaiboc ben at zaiboc.net
Thu Dec 24 14:14:52 UTC 2020

On 23/12/2020 22:28, bill w wrote:
> Biden says that we are going to punish Russia for its role in the
> hacking of government computers.
>
> Well, that's spying, and doesn't everyone do it - like us?  I'll bet
> we are hacking away at North Korea's, Russia's, China's, computers and
> problem a lot more.  Remember when we were spying on our friends in
> Britain and Germany?
>
> What about this isn't just business as usual?

Well, I'd say, yes, it is hypocracy, and yes, it is business as usual.

And what makes you think your govt. isn't still spying on britain and
germany? Of course they are. They are spying on everyone that they think
they can get away with spying on, including americans.

A politician saying X should be punished for naughty behaviour Y is just
a politician doing politics: being seen to be doing something that they
think will be popular. When politicians start doing things that will
actually be effective, instead of saying they will do things that they
think will be popular, then I'll sit up and take notice. Until then, as
you say, business as usual.

--
Ben Zaiboc