[ExI] hypocrisy?

William Flynn Wallace foozler83 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 25 00:22:50 UTC 2020

Ben, you have an overlap in your post.  Politicians are low and so are
lawyers.  Of course the percentage of politicians in legislatures and
Congress that are lawyers must be pretty high.  That is a major reason in
my opinion that they just can't compromise.  Everyone is an enemy trying to
stifle one's efforts at passing legislation.  I have no idea how to get rid
of the confrontational nature of our governments.  It's all about money
because they have the sole authority to spend it, and money is power.  And
who doesn't want power?  Someone suggested awhile back that all elected
politicians should be multimillionaires or better, so that could take a bit
of the personal accumulation of money out of the process.  I think a lot of
the members of Congress are millionaires aspiring to be billionaires, which
is why they get friendly with real billionaires who can donate campaign
money and maybe pass along some investment tips.

So it's 'follow the money' - business as usual.  Probably can't be fixed.
bill w

On Thu, Dec 24, 2020 at 5:27 PM Ben Zaiboc via extropy-chat <