[ExI] very informative

Mike Dougherty msd001 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 29 03:59:22 UTC 2020

On Mon, Dec 28, 2020, 10:33 PM spike jones via extropy-chat <

> Cool an internet native who will know the answer.
>

> Will, how many races are there?

Internet natives recognize only one: human

Though humans frequently do express their situation as a "rat race" and
some close competitions are "neck and neck" as in horse races.  We have
previously discussed car races, but I think those who know better refer to
them as "make and model"  Tachycardia can make your heart race. Perhaps
less exciting to some, the channel for a set of ball bearings is also a
race.

Now that I enumerate,  there are many races... probably none of which were
as you meant.  I'll stick with your recent guidance on counting: for the
sake of discussion,  call it "one"

:)