[ExI] Political Relativism (was very informative)

Dave Sill sparge at gmail.com
Wed Dec 30 12:06:16 UTC 2020

On Tue, Dec 29, 2020 at 10:32 PM William Flynn Wallace via extropy-chat <

> What Stuart seems to be saying is that when one moves more to the left or
> to the right, he becomes more hostile and uncaring towards people.

He's talking about states, not people. And he's saying that freedom
suffers, not that they're hostile and uncaring towards people.

> Hostility and uncaringness can be found abundantly in middle of the road
> people who just want to fight someone, and will adopt any philosophy that
> gets him there.  Amoral.  Apolitical.  Power hungry.

You're still stuck on the one-dimensional political spectrum. People and
their beliefs aren't one dimensional.

Bill, I asked you to take this quick quiz: http://polquiz.com/

It's not perfect and it still leaves out many possible dimensions, but I'd
really like to hear your results. It measures social and economic
preferences.

-Dave