[ExI] Political Relativism (was very informative)

Anton Sherwood bronto at pobox.com
Thu Dec 31 01:32:58 UTC 2020

On 2020-12-30 17:00, William Flynn Wallace via extropy-chat wrote:
> Anton, if I am reading this right, you are a right wing
> authoritarian.

I stripped the signs as redundant because I used the verbal label; the
quiz (for all its obvious faults) calls me a mid-right libertarian.

> [....]  Free market, yes, but in some cases highly regulated, like
> the businesses that deal with food or drugs, for safety's sake.
> Others need regulation for pollution problems.  In other words, a
> corporation should not be allowed to endanger anyone, and they will
> if you let them.  I don't trust people to put their net profits aside
> and do good for humanity.  [....]

May I assume that you don't think civil tort liability (from which
regulation is often a shield) could adequately address negative
externalities?

--
*\\*  Anton Sherwood  *\\*  www.bendwavy.org